What is Super Life?
SUPER LIFE IS A WOMEN-ONLY SUPERANNUATION FUND THAT FUSES ECOMMERCE AND TECHNOLOGY TO CLOSE THE GENDER SUPERANNUATION GAP.
The fundamental problem with superannuation is that it’s not built for women. It’s as simple – and as difficult – as that.
Super Life is a superannuation fund that makes contributing to your super a joint effort from you, your partners, and your favorite brands. We use a combination of women-specific behaviors, tools, and smarts designed with you in mind.
We’ll be in market soon. If you want a transparent super fund that
helps you reach a better retirement – sign up below.
What is the gender superannuation gap?
Women retire with 58% as much superannuation as men. This translates to around $230,000 less – 10 years of retirement during which they literally can’t afford to live.
And then women live longer – 5% longer than men, on average.
Of every 100 women of working age, only 24 are able to work fulltime and contribute to their super meaningfully. 36 women work part-time or flexibly, while 40 women don’t work at all.
SUPERANNUATION WORKS IF YOU EARN LIKE A MAN, WORK FULL-TIME, FOR THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF YOUR CAREER.
BUT WOMEN DON’T HAVE THE SAME LIFE PATH.
This superannuation problem affects 51% of the Australian population. No wonder the fastest growing segment of homeless people is the 55 year old woman.Sign Up
Who is Super Life for?
- Is for women who are aware or unaware of the superannuation gap
- Is for women who want to achieve a more comfortable retirement.
- Is for women who wish their time spent running households and caring for others was rewarded financially.
- Is for women who are tired of trying to get some straight answers from their existing super funds.
- Is for women who believe that there must be a better way to deal with superannuation.
About Super Life
We’re going to start:
- rewarding women for the unpaid labour they undertake each day
- educating women on the women-specific super advice they need at their different life stages
- helping women understand how their husbands and partners can contribute to their super
- investing in women through our investment selections
- rewarding women for being women
We’re going to stop:
- trying to fix women
- asking women with little disposable income to make additional super contributions
- blaming women because they haven’t educated themselves on super. Education isn’t going to help you add more to your super if you simply don’t have access to those monies in the first place
Why Super Life?
Underfunded. Unsupported. Unaware
- 40% of single women enter retirement in poverty
- The fastest growth segment of in Homelessness Australia is the 55 year old woman
- The value of the unpaid economy each year in Australia is $2.2 trillion, of which childcare alone is $345bn
- The cost of two children in fulltime childcare is greater than the average woman’s salary
- The gender pay gap is still 21% by total remuneration, despite Equal Pay being legislated in 1969
By creating tools based on how women think and act, you will be able to contribute to your super - without extra effort or time.
Revolutionary? Perhaps. Evolutionary? Yes
Super Life has been created by women, for women. Financially savvy women, with young families, who understand only too well the load that working and raising children brings. Women who have the belief and support of a number of men.
We're also very well versed in the world of investment management. Between us, we've been responsible for investing billions of dollars.
We want to make a difference to women's lives. We want to make a difference to our daughters, so that they face a brighter future than we do.
We demand authenticity and transparency. We have made sure that women are involved at literally every step of the way in building Super Life.
We stand for gender equality. And for progress.
We are women who get it.
If you like what we stand for, join our Super Life waitlist