What is Super Life?
Super Life is a superannuation fund designed for women.
A fundamental problem with most superannuation is that it’s not built for women, and there is a big gap in super between women and men at the end of their working lives.
Super Life is a superannuation fund that makes building your super easy. In fact, you can do it without thinking, as you shop. We use e-commerce tools and technology that works with women in mind.
We'll be in market soon. If you want a transparent super product that helps you reach a better retirement, sign up to be notified when we're live.Sign Up
What is the gender superannuation gap?
Women retire with 58% as much super as men.
And then women live longer – 5% longer than men, on average. That leaves women with enough money to cover only 6 years of an estimated 20 year retirement.
Of every 100 women of working age, only 24 are able to work fulltime and contribute to their super meaningfully. 36 women work part-time or flexibly, while 40 women don’t work at all.
Traditional superannuation works if you earn like a man and work full-time for the entire length or your career.
But women typically don't have the same life path.
This superannuation problem affects 51% of the Australian population. No wonder the fastest growing group of homeless people in Australia are women aged 55.
*All our sources can be found on our FAQ page.Sign Up
For women, the superannuation system doesn't work.
We can't change everything, but we can help change your future.
Who is Super Life for?
Super Life is designed for women.
- Is for women who care about their retirement.
- Is for women who want to improve their financial wellbeing.
- Is for women who demand more transparency from their super fund.
- Is for women who believe that there must be a better way to deal with superannuation.
About Super Life
We’re going to start:
- Rewarding women for the time and effort spent coordinating the household and family.
- Educating women on the women-specific super advice they need at their different life stages.
- Helping women understand how their spouse or partner can contribute to their super.
- Investing in women-friendly companies through our investment choices.
- Rewarding women for being women.
We’re going to stop:
- Trying to fix women.
- Asking women with little disposable income to make additional super contributions.
- Blaming women because they haven’t educated themselves on super. Education isn’t going to help you add more to your super if you simply don’t have access to those monies in the first place.
Why Super Life?
Underfunded. Unsupported. Unaware
- 40% of single women enter retirement in poverty
- The fastest growing group of homeless people in Australia are women aged 55
- The value of the unpaid economy each year in Australia is $2.2 trillion, of which childcare alone is $345bn
- The cost of two children in fulltime childcare is greater than the average woman’s salary
- The gender pay gap is still 21% by total remuneration, despite Equal Pay being legislated in 1969
By creating tools based on how women think and act, we have made it easy for you to contribute to your super – without extra money, effort or time.
Revolutionary? Maybe. Evolutionary? Definitely.
Super Life has been designed by women. Financially savvy women, with young families, who understand only too well the load that working and raising children brings. Women who have the belief and support of a number of men.
We’re professional, experienced financial managers. Between us, we've been responsible for investing billions of dollars.
We want to make a difference to women's lives. We want to make a difference to our daughters, so that they face a brighter future than we do.
We demand authenticity and transparency. We have made sure that women are involved at literally every step of the way in building Super Life.
We stand for gender equality. And for progress.